JavaKitty's Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tax Reform Suggestions

2 posters

Go down

Tax Reform Suggestions Empty Tax Reform Suggestions

Post  Javakitty (Admin) Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:13 am

Right now, the tax system taxes your balance at 5% a week, but obviously there are (obviously) a few problems. Please post what you would like to have on the tax system. A poll about this will come soon.
Javakitty (Admin)
Javakitty (Admin)
Admin

https://javakitty.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Tax Reform Suggestions Empty No Bank Fees!

Post  Gadl Vji Tiswis Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:05 pm

The current system is unreasonable. Taxes are quite fine. As long as they are reasonable, I have no complaint. However, recurring bank fees such as the ones currently planned are outrageous. This system is not one of taxation, but rather a bank fee. While most governments do enforce taxes, no nation, state, or other governing body regularly levies portions of their constituents' belongings. In addition, most banks pay interest, not charge it. However, there is a further flaw with the system. While the above considerations are unpalatable, they would be reasonable if we could withdraw our money from our accounts. As it stands, the majority of the money that I put into my account unknowing of the fees to be imposed on it may eventually be lost to me as I doubt I will earn significant income on this server. Overall, while I would not object to reasonable tax rates on things such as sales and income, the current system of unavoidable bank fees is unacceptable.

Gadl Vji Tiswis

Back to top Go down

Tax Reform Suggestions Empty Re: Tax Reform Suggestions

Post  Javakitty (Admin) Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:52 pm

Gadl Vji Tiswis wrote:The current system is unreasonable. Taxes are quite fine. As long as they are reasonable, I have no complaint. However, recurring bank fees such as the ones currently planned are outrageous. This system is not one of taxation, but rather a bank fee. While most governments do enforce taxes, no nation, state, or other governing body regularly levies portions of their constituents' belongings. In addition, most banks pay interest, not charge it. However, there is a further flaw with the system. While the above considerations are unpalatable, they would be reasonable if we could withdraw our money from our accounts. As it stands, the majority of the money that I put into my account unknowing of the fees to be imposed on it may eventually be lost to me as I doubt I will earn significant income on this server. Overall, while I would not object to reasonable tax rates on things such as sales and income, the current system of unavoidable bank fees is unacceptable.

The bank only charges interest when you take a loan out. That's how banks make money, because if they give you money and you pay all of it back eventually, they make no net gain. If you want to take a loan out, then this is what you have to deal with. Obviously since there's no reason a fake bank needs money, the interest in this case is to make players pay the loan back, and to make it a little more realistic (banks in real life make you pay mostly interest first, then it switches to what you owe, but that is too complex for a virtual world). This money system is all virtual, as I believe physical money is outdated. Taxes are also like real life, because most of us will eventually pay taxes. While taxes are based on income, there is no income in minecraft, so it is based on what you own. This doesn't make much sense, obviously, but taxes are staying, they just need to be changed. Besides, it's 5% tax every week. It is not that big of a deal. You aren't forced to pay taxes either. If you have no money then you aren't taxed.
Javakitty (Admin)
Javakitty (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gadl Vji Tiswis Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:58 pm

I have no qualms with interest on loans. In fact, I rather expect it. However, I believe that a simple sales tax is much more reasonable than weekly bank fees. Any taxes on materials sold at the spawn can simply be added on to the base price. That way no one can evade taxes by retaining their items until they need to use money. Also, if a tax was imposed on money transfers, that would cover any trading. All in all, I support a tax system, however I find it unreasonable to be penalized for keeping my wealth in monetary form rather than as items.

Gadl Vji Tiswis

Back to top Go down

Post  Javakitty (Admin) Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:32 am

Gadl Vji Tiswis wrote:I have no qualms with interest on loans. In fact, I rather expect it. However, I believe that a simple sales tax is much more reasonable than weekly bank fees. Any taxes on materials sold at the spawn can simply be added on to the base price. That way no one can evade taxes by retaining their items until they need to use money. Also, if a tax was imposed on money transfers, that would cover any trading. All in all, I support a tax system, however I find it unreasonable to be penalized for keeping my wealth in monetary form rather than as items.

I like this idea. I think I will set up a Poll on the voting section soon. Meanwhile I will turn taxes off.
Javakitty (Admin)
Javakitty (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gadl Vji Tiswis Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:34 am

Thank you. I'm glad we've been able to come up with a new and possibly better idea.

Gadl Vji Tiswis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum